A Changelog, traditionally, is a list of changes to a piece of software that allows users to understand the modifications between versions. In our scope, a Changelog is a formalized collection of Changes with metadata assocated:
- Release Date
- Optional version by way of SemVer
- Optional Product
- Preface and Postface content for providing additional information about the Changelog.
Changelogs are In Progress until you publish them. After you publish your Changelog, the following happens:
- The Changelog becomes visible to users outside of your Organization.
- Any users who have opted to be notified will receive a notification through the medium they chose (e.g. Email, Slack) or through feeds.
- The Changelog is added to your timeline.